Helping People. Changing lives.
Energy Assistance .......
Low- Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
The LIHEAP is designed to assist eligible low-income households pay for winter energy services, in the form of on-time payments to utility companies that are applied directly to the household's energy bill. The amount of the payment is determined by income, household size, fuel type and geographic location.
Priority enrollment runs from September to October for seniors and persons living with disabilities. Open enrollment for all eligible households begin November 1, and operates until funds are exhausted.
* Applicants eligible for LIHEAP automatically qualify for CEDA's Weatherization program.
Documentation needed for LIHEAP
- Proof of income for all household members for the 30- day period to the application date.
- Current copy of heat and electric bills (if you pay for your home energy directly).
- Proof of Social Security Numbers of all household members.
- If a member of your household receives TANF, you must bring their Medical Eliglible Card.
* Applicants that have their utilities covered in the rent must bring proof of rental agreement stating monthly rental amount that utilities are included, and the landlord's contact information.
(Rent cost must be 30% of household grossz income for 30 days prior to application).
For more information regarding CEDA ENERGY SERVICES
Contact the Energy Hotline at
(800) 571. CEDA (2332)
THE BROCK SOCIAL SERVICE ORGANIZATION
HAS COLLABORATION WITH ENERGY ACTION NETWORK CHICAGO CEDA, CITY OF CHICAGO, COMED, DECO, THE FIELD MUSEUM, THE NORTHERN ILLINOIS AND PEOPLE GAS TO OFFER OUR COMMUNITY & CLIENTS WEATHERIZATION.
BROCK SOCIAL SERVICE ORGANIZATION
10302 S. CORLISS AVENUE
CHICAGO, IL 60628